While we use standard protocols as guides, our approach to veterinary care is not a cookie-cutter approach. Our Wellness programs are designed specifically for your pet to live a long, healthy life. Our programs include:
- Comprehensive physical exam – Your pet will be weighed and a full nose-to-tail physical evaluation performed.
- Intestinal parasite testing – Both human and animal health are protected by vigilant testing for parasites. We ask that you bring in a recent stool sample.
- Heartworm and flea/tick treatment – We recommend parasite prevention and treatment twelve months a year. Our doctors are happy to design a program appropriate for your family.
- Vaccination program – Schedules are customized according to your pet’s individual risk factors; not all pets need all available pet vaccines.
- Spay and Neuter – Optimum age varies between species and breeds, appropriate scheduling will be discussed.
- Bloodwork – Blood tests are important for detecting possible serious health problems such as cancer, diabetes, and thyroid disorders. We also recommend yearly testing for Heartworm and Lyme disease.
- Microchipping – We offer the most widely used microchip products to increase the chances of a safe recovery.
For newly adopted pets, we recommend making an appointment with us shortly after bringing your companion home. In addition to the routine exams and tests, our staff is eager to answer any questions you might have concerning your pet’s well-being including: training, exercise, nutrition, and dental care. We also routinely set aside extra time at this initial exam to address any concerns or questions about how to interact with your new bundle of fur to establish good behavior patterns.